February 1, 2019, by Lisa Chin
Competition: Postgraduate Showcase 2019
We are proud of the impact of our world-class postgraduate research and we enjoy gathering together some of our most engaging researchers to share their work with members of the public.
The Postgraduate Showcase provides a great opportunity to promote the up and coming talent of Nottingham’s postgraduate researchers to develop their written, verbal and visual communication skills. The Showcase enables both the university community and external peers from research universities to find out about the latest research of the postgraduate community.
Come and submit a press release, present a poster and stand a chance to win prizes worth a total of RM2,200.
- Gain confidence in communicating your research project
- Develop effective communication and presentation skills to non-research audiences
- Network with other researchers and build your profile
How to enter?
1) Submit a press release
Submit a press release outlining your research project and why it is interesting to the wider community. Guidelines for the press release are as follows:
- The release could report any preliminary findings.
- It must be written in a language understandable to a general, non-expert audience.
- The use of technical jargons are limited to a maximum of 2 and must be clearly defined.
- The name of the author, title, school/department, names of supervisors and contact details must be clearly displayed.
- The word count is a maximum of not more than 250 words excluding the title, school/department and contact details.
- All entries must be made by registered postgraduate taught or research students in UNM.
A panel of judges will determine the winner for the ‘Best Press Release’ prize. Shortlisted participants will go through to the next stage: Design Your Poster.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 25 February 2019, 9am
|Training: Preparing a Press Release|
|Tuesday 12 February 2019, 2pm|
2) Design your poster
Participants are required to design a poster for the showcase. Specialist training and support are provided to help participants create and present the poster. A panel of judges will select the Top 10 posters to go through to the final stage: Poster Presentation
Deadline: Friday 29 March 2019, 3pm
|Training: Creating a Poster in PowerPoint||Training: Using Posters to Communicate Research|
|Thursday 14 March 2019, 10am||Thursday 14 March 2019, 2pm|
|Sign up||Sign up|
3) Poster presentation
The Top 10 finalists will compete in the Postgraduate Showcase.
Tuesday 16 April 2019, 10am, H1B11
For any queries, please email us at email@example.com.