July 13, 2021, by Communications
Lord Dearing Awards 2020/2021 winners from University of Nottingham Malaysia
University of Nottingham Malaysia (UNM) announces the Lord Dearing Awards recipients for 2020/2021 for their outstanding contribution in enhancing the student learning experience.
A total of nine recipients from the individual category and one recipient from the group category were announced.
Winners from the individual category are as follows:
- Professor Ong Fon Sim, Vice-Provost (Teaching and Learning)
- Professor Andy Chan, Interim Vice-Provost (Research and Knowledge Exchange)
- The late Professor Ganakumaran Subramaniam, School of Education
- Dr Belle Ooi, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Dr Tissa Chandesa, Graduate School
- Dr T. Nandha Kumar, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Dr Yong Su Ting, Foundation in Engineering
- Dr Joshua Yap Lip Vun, Foundation in Science
- Dr Wong Tze Peng, School of Education
The group category was conferred to UNM’s School of Psychology for their excellent support provided to students.
The Lord Dearing Award
The Lord Dearing Award Scheme, established in 1999 by the University of Nottingham to acknowledge the outstanding contributions made by staff towards facilitating a nurturing yet challenging learning experience for students.
The scheme, which has been personally supported by the late Lord Ronald Dearing, the fifth Chancellor of the University of Nottingham, has seen more than 100 members of staff receive acknowledgments for their high levels of commitment to teaching and learning, and excellent support provided to students.
The Awards are held each year, with the nominations sent in by staff and students towards the end of the year while the final awards are conferred in the Spring semester of the following year. Awards are given to individuals, teams, and schools, who have greatly enhanced the student learning experience through the impact of their teaching and learning.