July 14, 2016, by Tapan Nath
Training for Trainers
School of Biosciences will be organising a Training Workshop-cum-Field Trips for professionals working with several NGOs in Bangladesh. The theme of this event is “Climate Change and Food Security” and be held from 24-31 July 2016. Details are here:
- To familiarise participants about UNMC’s academic endeavours related to climate change, adaptation, crops growing under environmentally stress conditions and forest monitoring through remote sensing,
- To observe field activities in Malaysia relevant to climate change adaptation and peoples’ livelihood enhancement, and
- To find ways for future research collaboration between UNMC and Arannayk Foundation
- Participants understand various concepts and principles related to climate change, mitigation measures, environmental stress physiology, food security and remote sensing.
- Participants gather hands-on knowledge on forest monitoring through remote sensing.
- Participants acquire practical knowledge about climate change adaptation and livelihood improvement of vulnerable people through field visits.
More information: Tapan.Nath@Nottingham.edu.my