June 10, 2019, by Lisa Chin
Call for Applications: Career Development Initiative Fund 2019
This post is intended for early career researchers and postgraduate research students. It is posted on behalf of Dr Tissa Chandesa, Research Training Development Manager.
The Career Development Initiative Fund offers an opportunity for postgraduate research students and early career researchers (academic staff) to take control in managing their own personal career development and that their peer group. Two awards are available worth up to MYR 5,000; one for postgraduate research students (PGRs) and one for early career researchers (ECRs).
These awards can be used for delivering a personal development activity which meet needs that cannot otherwise be addressed by Graduate School of Professional Development. Impact and value for money will be the main evaluation criteria.
The purpose of the fund is to support applicant(s) to:
- Complement the existing training and development opportunities currently being offered via Graduate School’s Researcher Development Programme as well as within Departments/Schools/Faculty.
- Develop and deliver a learning activity that spans different disciplines (i.e. is interdisciplinary) and engages with PGRs and ECRs from different Schools (and Faculties).
For postgraduate research students, you must:
- Be a registered PhD student (either full time or part time) at University of Nottingham Malaysia
- Passed your 1st year annual review
- Not yet entered your thesis pending period
For early career researchers, you must:
- Be a full-time or contractual early career academic research staff at University of Nottingham Malaysia
Submission deadline is 1 July 2019. The proposed activity and funding must be spent by 15 November 2019 with submission of receipts.
Applicant guidance and application form can be found here: https://moodle.nottingham.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=91370
Applications must be submitted through Moodle at: https://moodle.nottingham.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=91370
Point of Contact
Please direct your inquiries to Dr Tissa Chandesa at Tissa.Chandesa@nottingham.edu.my.