November 16, 2023, by Noor Syuhada
That’s A Wrap: The Very First Nottingham M100 Challenge!
Let’s have a throwback to our very first Nottingham M100 Challenge, a fruitful collaboration between the University of Nottingham Malaysia’s (UNM) Careers Advisory Service and GTI Media Malaysia on the 28th of October 2023!
Nottingham M100 Challenge consists of various mental and physical challenges arranged by employers in which the participants in groups of three or four have to compete for the grand prize.
After months of hard work, planning, and maximizing the efforts to make it happen, we successfully secured 17 teams of enthusiastic challengers to unleash their potential and impress employers with their physical talents and intellectual abilities. We are thrilled to recount our experience in organizing the M100 Challenge, the event that brought together bright talents and Malaysia’s leading graduate employers such as Genting Berhad, Maybank, Nestlé, Talent Corporation Berhad (TalentCorp), Teach for Malaysia, and Standard Chartered Bank.
Truly, we are thankful for the stunning support from our partner, GTI Media, and the esteemed employers to be part of this journey in empowering our students for the future workforce.
From the beginning of the Challenge day, the crowd was undoubtedly pumped up with the iconic team cheers and surrounded by the zestful energy of the challengers to impress the employers. They competed enthusiastically and showcased their impressive hidden power, reflecting their amazing team work, competitiveness and attentiveness to each challenge at every pit stop.
To our young talents, we hope this initiative provided you a chance to reach out to our industry leaders and build connections that can serve as the catalyst for your future career. Last but not least, congratulations to the winning teams as they proudly walked with medals, merchandise, trophies, and cash prizes worth up to RM4000!! To all participants, WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!
Not forgetting to everyone who helped us directly or indirectly, we thank you!
The list of winners
- Champion: Team 8 (Ong Yung Shin, Jody Voon Ji Zie, James Chong Ka Sheng, Ding Tech Minn)
- 1st Runner-up: Team 11 (Lim Gao Tek, Lim Chek Han, Gan Yu Liang, Tee Kean Meng)
- 2nd Runner-up: Team 6 (Koh Jie Ying, Chin Zhiyi, Goh Wei Keong, Chun Qing Kai)
Our Careerfluencer, Chong Chi Rui (Ray) sneaked in to interview the proud winners. Let’s find out what they said! 🙂
Q: What do you think led to your win?
- Team 11: Having fun along the way!
- Team 6: Team work and knowing each other weaknesses and strengths would be the key to our success.
- Team 8: Having no expectation of the outcome, giving your best effort and take this challenge as a learning opportunity.
Q: What is the most enjoyable part of the challenge?
- Team 8: Team work!
Q: How was the dynamics of the team leadership?
- Jie Ying (Team 6): I’m basically the zoo keeper.
- Team 6: Although Jie Ying is not very outspoken but she is always there to keep us in line.
- Yung Shin (Team 8): We communicate openly and friendly as a team, putting together everyone’s best ideas.
- James (Team 8): It’s okay to speak out sometimes, but make sure that you guys talk about it after the game!
Q: What are you going to do with the cash prizes?
- Great minds think alike (almost all in consensus): Pay rental, stock up food supply, or go shopping! (so student-like answer :D)
Q: How do you feel about winning the best team leader?
- Yung Shin (Team 8): I’m honoured! Although being the team leader requires big commitment but when the success hits, it will boost your confidence and help you reassure your own capabilities as a leader in the most effective and practical way.