June 10, 2021, by Noor Syuhada
UNM Careers x Forage: Virtual Work Experience Programs
UNM Careers Advisory Service has partnered with Forage (previously called as Inside Sherpa) to offer all UNM students with practical work experience through Virtual Work Experience Programs.
Through this challenging time of pandemic, CAS initiated this program to improve the students’ marketability, and continue build their skills and confidence for their smooth transition from university to the world of work in future.
Forage is an online resource which offers virtual experience programs designed by leading companies. It is to develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and industries by working through these self-paced modules, with tasks similar to those you would undertake during a traditional internship. You can build your employability and experience what it’s like to work at a range of world-leading companies, from the comfort of home!
What does it involve?
- You will work through a series of resources and hypothetical tasks that are designed to simulate the sort of work you would undertake as an intern or full-time employee at the organization. It’s a unique opportunity for you to try out a career at your own pace and in your own time.
- It takes five to six hours to complete one program and you can complete as many programs as you like. All experiences are completely free of charge for UNM students and alumni.
- Video instructions and real-life examples from employees within your chosen organization.
- Work that reflects real day-to-day tasks of interns and employees.
- Curated resources to help you complete the tasks.
What are the benefits?
- Sample what real life work at leading companies would be like.
- Try out different types of work and discover which career path is right for you.
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ready for the workplace.
- Boost your CV with a company-branded virtual experience program and get a personalized certificate for your LinkedIn profile.
How can I take part?
There are no lengthy application processes as programs are free and accessible to all students and alumni. Simply pick your program, create an account on the Forage website and get started right away.
Experiences are FREE and created by world-leading companies, including JPMorgan Chase, Citi, Accenture, BCG, Deloitte, General Electric and many more. You can complete the programs without having to submit an application or go through an interview.
By completing virtual experience programs, you’ll build the practical skills that these top employers are looking for, receive a personalized certificate of completion, and you can share the experience on your resume and LinkedIn profile. When you go on to apply for an internship or full-time role, your virtual experience is a fantastic way to stand out.